Sunday, March 14, 2010

How Are Things Going? Swimmingly...

Maybe I'll write about going to the Tennessee Aquarium...

My next-to-last day in Chatt, we're cruising around because we had to start our day driving at six 'o clock in the morning, and not a damn thing opened until 10 a.m. so naturally, the brutal murder of time had to occur. Walmarts all look the same, and we went to Bojangle's for breakfast, which caught me off-guard. The building, from the outside looks innocent enough, but on the inside, it looks like a plantation house, which just reminded me of why I found the name "Bojangle's" awkward to begin with. Especially since it specializes in "Chicken 'n Biscuits."

So after breakfast, we bounced over to the Hamilton Place mall to reverse a terrible mistake on my behalf. But it wasn't open yet, or so we thought, so we rolled on into Barnes & Noble, which, for whatever reason, is open an hour before anything else in the mall. Once inside, the amount of old people just walking around astounded me. I asked Andy, "What the hell is up with all these old folks?" The response: "It is a temperature-controlled environment for them to walk in." So, like zombies, they wander around without reason, but we had to move along to JCPenny's. Once inside, I tossed around the notion of a $90.00 candle holder and that's when someone opened the store. Now, that door was the only one open to the store so people clawed at the door from the other entrances (once again, looking like zombies, if anyone's ever seen "Dawn of the Dead"). So, with my business aside, we left Penny's, I got some new shoes, and BAM!, outta the mall.

Now, we are finally on the way to the Aquarium to go about our business (going to the aquarium). The two buildings were a little daunting at first, but we had to go to a third to buy our tickets, and then we decided to hit up the bigger one of the two. Walking for just a second in the rain, we at last hit the actual aquarium, where our watery journey began...

-rcw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home