Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Animator?! Why?

What if I were to talk about a few of my favorite and more entertaining job choices over my lifetime? Hope this is entertaining to other people besides me, and it might even make you look back over some of yours.

In no particular (memory is so bad it scares me), here they are, with their own blog to go with them.

1) Disney Animator

I, personally, am not calling this one off yet. I still like the idea too much to call it quits, but here is why: how many times have you seen a Disney movie? How many times did you not like it? "None" sounds about right, and I just took it a step further, saying, "I want to be a part of this thing, these movies I love so much." Admittedly, I doubt it sounded like that ten years or more ago, probably more like, "Disney movies are cool; I wanna draw 'em." Either way, it sparked an interest in drawing that I've had since the first grade or so, but for whatever reason, I never drew Disney characters. No matter that, I just really wanted to animate a few of the landmark masterpieces, because I apparently thought they wanted to hire me to re-draw The Lion King. After a few years, and a lot of random job ideas throughout the years, I came across the single idea that killed this one for me, at least for a bit. I looked at all of the movies that Disney had released over the last, well, years, and saw something a bit disheartening: they were all computer-animated. This was a terrible realization, since it didn't contain the flipping of transparent pages on a light-table (don't ask me why that sounds fun), but instead manipulating data on a computer. Until a few months ago, it sounded like a real bad deal, but that's when I heard that The Princess and the Frog was all hand-animated! A glimmer of hope in the distance, and perhaps a major-change is in order...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home