Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Going in This Deep, We're Going to Need Protection...

...As in 9-inch thick Plexi-Glass. Maybe you've guessed this one, but I doubt it. It's a Marine Biologist! Also, this one may not be out of the question yet, either, but it's on hold now, for the most part. But, oh! what a great job that would be. I get the most excited about this one because I still really want this one. I love the ocean and the things in the ocean. Studying them only makes sense to me, I think.

Now that I recall, it all started with the Discovery Channel and the first time I saw Shark Week. I bet a lot people know all about some Shark Week, but for those who don't, it's a week during the summer when the DC only airs shows about sharks and other marine life. I grew up so interested in sharks that I read about them from time-to-time (it's hard for me to get interested enough to read something) and from there I saw some cool-looking fishes, usually the sharks' prey. The mola-mola is a favorite, even though it's one ugly summagun. It's also huge, which is the nest evolution into my love of the water's animals. I stumbled across a freshwater fish one day, the arapaima gigas. This thing grows to be almost eleven feet long and weight almost a ton or more. It's also a hardcore sportfish, with only the most dedicated going after him due to the dangers. So I looked into why it grew so big, and found out that, as it turns out, fish continue to grow all throughout their lifespan.

So that is a main reason I am so interested in marine biology: you never know what you're going to see. Plus, with so many other reasons, such as how much of the ocean is unexplored, how often we find medical aides in the wildlife, along with the sheer fun behind the exploration involved and the field work that would make this, quite possibly, one of the funnest and most involved and rewarding jobs on the roster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home